Saturday, September 3, 2011

Confessions of a former hard core Obama follower





Dear Mr. President:

I want to come back under the tent.  I'm one of those who when you were polling at 7% in the Democratic Primary race for Illinois back in 2004 who posted Obama signs in my yard.  Most of my neighbors in my 80% Republican district figured I was campaigning for the mastermind of 9/11 at that time.  You/We prevailed, the sense of pride overwhelming.  Then the historic rise in 2008 to the Presidency. You really didn't need my help, but we contributed money, we preached the gospel of change. 

Now as we enter the race for 2012, I must admit I'm teetering.  Unfulfilled promises, lack of leadership, negotiating like you are the GM of the Cubs, its not a winning combination.  We still have two wars going on, Guantanamo is still open, you've waffled on several positions. 

Come get me back Mr. President.  I'm looking for a guy with some cajones, who is willing to take a hard stand in these next 14 months.  Someone who is more interested in doing the right thing, versus trying to get re-elected. 


My yard is ready for another lawn sign, but you've got to earn it back

No comments: